Thursday, September 22, 2011

Yummy Eggplant Recipe

I didn't plant eggplant in my garden this year, because...well, I had no idea if I liked eggplant! I've eaten all sorts of odd and unique foods in my travels as a musician, and eggplant was never one of them. We received a few eggplants (does "eggplant" have a plural?) from my in-laws, and decided to look for something tasty. I stumbled across a recipe for Crispy Eggplant Parmesan, and I can say that I am hooked!

Now, just a fair warning...the sauce has a nice little bit of heat to it, but we like heat in our household. I also split the recipe and tried freezing half. I had the frozen batch tonight for dinner, and while it was still good, it went a little mushy. I think I like the "fresh and crispy" version a little better.

I think I may have to plant eggplant next year just for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment