I'm a little disappointed today that the Cincinnati Bengals will be blacked out in my area today, but I'm having a game-day lunch anyway! Here is my recipe for Bagel or English Muffin pizzas! In my house, we usually wind up with 2-3 halves per person, so my recipe equivalents will be a little vague.
English muffins or bagels (plain or cheese work best), halved
Shredded cheese (your choice!)
Assorted toppings (pepperoni, cooked sausage, mushrooms, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lay english muffin or bagel halves on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Spread 1-2 spoonfuls of sauce on bagel/muffin halves (my note: if using bagels, it works to lay a pepperoni over the hole in the bagel to keep your toppings from falling through. Put the pepperoni down before the sauce to prevent messes!)
4. Top with your favorite pizza toppings!
5. Sprinkle your favorite shredded cheese on top!
6. Bake in oven until cheese is good and melted.
I had a free bag of bagels, and an 88-cent bag of Kraft cheese from an earlier grocery stock-up. Pepperoni was probably the most expensive item in the recipe, but it doesn't take much.
I love this recipe for quick game-day cooking when we're trying to fit lunch in between church and the football game. It also works well for movie nights, or when you don't want to spend an extraordinary amount of time on dinner.